[obol] Re: South beach wagtail report

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joel.geier@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:53:26 -0700

The four pale Varied Thrush theory occurred to me as well.  I have seen very
few of those in my life, so the odds are slim that there would be four
together.

I have seen White Wagtails land on the tops of small bushes in open country.  I
never said that they never land on trees, just that of the large number I have
seen have not done so.  They land on roof, poles, etc.

White Wagtails often are in towns, and there is even an Oregon record of one
that was photographed on a lawn in North Bend.

True - wagtails wagging their tails is something that one would have been
expected to have been reported.

The bottom line from my stand point though is similar to Dave Irons'.

I would be happy to be shown that they were wagtails, but I think it is
extremely unlikely.

Jeff Gilligan