[obol] Silver Point - preliminary report (poss. RED-LEGGED KITTIWAKE)

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'OBOL' <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 11:45:06 -0700

Michelle and I just got back home from 2.5 hrs at Silver Point.
We arrived at 7:50 to poor light conditions and an ominous western
sky, but the worst of the squalls landed to the south and things
improved.

Early on, a kittiwake went by about a half mile out.  Uniformly gray
mantle, coverts and primaries with black wingtips and no white.
Underwings were dark gray to the wrists with black wingtips.  This
meets all the marks for RED-LEGGED KITTIWAKE.

Two BULLER'S SHEARWATERS, lots of NORTHERN FULMARS, CASSIN'S AUKLETS,
and SURF SCOTERS.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR