[obol] Says Phoebe not Western Kingbird in Harney county

  • From: Priscilla Nam Hari Kaur <priscillanhk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 16:27:34 -0700

My error.
At Sage Hen rest area Hwy20 West of Hines/Burns Thursday.
Thought it was a W Kingbird- which I have ID'd before (long ago).
But this morning, looking at my photographs it just struck me; our
bird was not white/yellow enough below for W Kingbird.
Just as quickly "Says Phoebe" popped into my mind.
Comparing my photos with field guides - no question about it!
I've amended my eBird report accordingly.

Will post photos when home Mon or Tues,
mostly because of exceptionally nice Mountain Bluebird photos I took
minutes later also at Sage Hen rest area.

Priscilla

Sent from my NOOK