[obol] S. Coast Yesterday

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 03:48:16 -0700

I started early at Floras Lake.  Several C. Yellowthroats there.  When I
got to the river there were a few shorebirds, best bird was an AMERICAN
GOLDEN-PLOVER. No Sump Sparrow yet.  No Say's Phoebe or Palm Warblers at
the Blue Silos either.

I just happened to be in Port Orford when Alan texted about the Mag.  I was
there fairly quickly but no luck, but that is how it goes with fall
warblering. Fun visiting with everyone though.  On my way back I briefly
checked Bandon Marsh and saw that the/a PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER was still
there.

Weather was fabulous again, high 70's/low 80's.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay