[obol] Fern Ridge Sharp-tailed Sandpiper continues (Lane Co)

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 01:17:49 -0400

It took many hours of searching but as of about 5pm Casey Cunningham and I
refound the Sharp-tailed Sandpiper in a flock of mostly Killdeer on the north
side of the access road (just past the shortcut to the blind). I did the loop
twice today (once in the morning and once in the evening), but the Ruffs were
nowhere to be found. Also continuing are 2 golden plovers, one most certainly
an American. Mid morning, Dennis Arendt and I briefly heard a longspur rattle
250yds north of the SW corner along the west dike.
Also seen were 1 Eared and Horned Grebes, 5 Black-crowned Night-heron (late off
west dike), 2-3 American Bitterns, 2 Dunlin and an early White-tailed Kite.
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR