[obol] Question

  • From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:55:30 -0700

Dear Obolists,
                             I've seen a very unusual looking Chickadee
twice now at my suet. It has a white mottled head, with a weak breast bar.
Would this be termed leucistic? I saw it a while ago, and monday around
noon. I'm finally seeing a couple Juncos, and a few  Yellow Rumped
Warblers, a nice addition to the usual Bushtits and Chickadees. I tend to
chase the Starlings off. Off subject, there were two nutrias frolicking in
the parking lot a few nights ago. They were making a kind of chirping
sound, and sounded similar to a bird. I'm kinda surprised Fanno hasn't
crested her banks after all that rain.

Linda/Tigard

--

*Linda Lee*