[obol] Powell Butte Portland Empid help and Golden Eagle

  • From: Justin Cook <jrc7219@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:29:26 -0700

Hello,
Good day at Powell Butte.  Saw warblers and CASSIN'S VIREO, along with the
usual stuff.  Thanks in advance for the help on the Empid, it's just
annoying me I can't place it and don't want to write it off like some of
the others I've seen this year.

EMPID?
Bobbing it's tail threw me off, maybe the wind was making it adjust but it
bobbed multiple times as it moved around after landing (I know Gray FC
bobs).  The Beak is too long for Hammond's I feel.
It had a fairly contrasted throat seems like the primary extension was
fairly long.  It seems to be a mix of Empids...the first link will get you
to the others:
https://flic.kr/p/nap73R
https://flic.kr/p/npR8R3
https://flic.kr/p/nrTz4R