[obol] Possible Glossy Ibis, Klamath Co.

  • From: Noah Strycker <noah.strycker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:30:12 -0700

Hi birders,

This morning there was a Glossy-ish Ibis amid a couple hundred White-faced
on the north side of Township Rd, in the first flooded field just east of
Highway 97.

I'll post a description and some digiscoped shots later this evening, but,
as there are only seven accepted Oregon records (all from Harney Co.), I
thought I'd motivate any locals to get out there and look. I'm not sure the
bird isn't a hybrid, and it would be nice to have sharper photos.

Lots of other birds in that same area, including one WHIMBREL, several
dozen GODWITS, a hundred or so BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, one BONAPARTE'S GULL,
a PEREGRINE FALCON, 4 male EURASIAN WIGEON, etc.

Good birding,

Noah Strycker