[obol] Photos: Sandhill Cranes Malheur NWR March 2014

  • From: Jim Leonard <photojleonard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 09:28:08 -0700

At the beginning of last week I went the Malheur NWR south of Burns for a
couple of days.  I was a little early for the flooding of the fields and
many varieties of birds.  I did see and photograph lots of Sandhill
Cranes.  I have also included a few other birds in this collection of
photos.  I don't know much about Sandhill Cranes but was surprised to see
them eating fresh cow manure.  I researched this online and learned that
they are eating the bugs that are in the manure.  The Cranes were in a
field with some cows along the main highway south of Burns going to Malheur
NWR.  Click on link below for lots of photos.  Happy Birding, Jim Leonard.

https://plus.google.com/photos/108302360004365615395/albums/5997348964341402929?authkey=CJuarKyKm9X7iwE