[obol] Himalayan Snowcock: A future OR bird?

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:27:11 -0400

While on yet another (unsuccessful) snowshoe expedition to find White-tailed
Ptarmigan in the Wallowas mid last week, I overheard some ODFW guys mention
that a cursory assessment of the higher elevations of Strawberry Mountain
Wilderness in Grant Co has found that there is suitable habitat for Himalayan
Snowcock and they are considering an introduction program with excess Ruby
Mountain birds. So, we may have a new bird for the OR list down the road if
they choose to do so. If you've got time, that is ...
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR