[obol] Nuttall's Woodpecker check

  • From: "Dennis Vroman" <dpvroman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rogue Birds" <rv-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:24:46 -0700

Returned to Board Shanty Road (near Murphy, off N. Applegate Rd) today to see
if the Nuttall's Woodpecker reported this June might actually be there.

The bottom line is...perhaps.  Zia Fukuda and myself heard a rattle call that
sounded like the one they do (perhaps made due to harassment by Acorn
Woodpeckers in the area).  We were about mid-way between the Scott Dr loop road
on Board Shanty.  It was not heard again and we were unable to call in or
otherwise find one.  However, the call we heard makes another visit worthwhile.

If any luck, you will hear about it, Dennis (north of Grants Pass)