[obol] New Oregon Bird Records Committee Online Forum

  • From: David Irons <llsdirons@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 19:33:11 +0000

Greetings All,After many years of discussing ways to better serve the Oregon
birding community and bring more transparency to how the Oregon Bird Records
Committee (OBRC) works, we've created a blog forum. "Under Review: The Oregon
Bird Records Committee Online Forum" is up and running. This forum will offer
discussions of how the BRC process works and provide an easy way for Oregon
birders to both learn about the OBRC and ask us questions. You may wonder why
BRCs exist, or what we learn from the records that we collect and review. We
will answer these questions and more. Later this week, we'll publish a summary
and discussion of the Tufted Duck records that we reviewed from 1978 to 2001,
when this species was removed from our Review List. We plan to publish similar
summaries of other species and also let individual members share their thoughts
and opinions about how we process records.  Check out our forum at:
http://www.orbrc.blogspot.com/ Leave a comment, tell us what you think, or get
the discussion started with question.  Also, in the wake of our recent annual
meeting, the master document listing all of the records that we've reviewed has
been updated by OBRC Secretary Harry Nehls and committee member Shawneen
Finnegan. If you see a mistake let us know. Editing and bringing consistency to
this 120+ page document is an ongoing progress. The first 95 pages of the pdf
at the link below list the accepted records and the last 25 pages list those
that were not accepted. http://www.orbirds.org/acceptedthroughapril2014.pdfDave
IronsOBRC member