[obol] Re: Nesting catbirds at HMSC (ABA, etc.)

  • From: Laura Paulson <laura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 16:08:13 -0700

I'd like to add my two cents to this discussion. I'm relatively new to OBOL
and I have never posted before ... just lurked and learned. I was first
exposed to birding ethics through TexBirds, the Texas equivalent to OBOL.
Sure, not everyone will read. Not everyone will comply. But for some it
will be a valuable introduction. For others, a good reminder. I know I went
and re-read the birding ethics after the link was posted.

I also went and saw the catbirds yesterday evening. Two of them showed
themselves just as I was about to give up after an hour of looking. They
only popped into view briefly. Just before they did, a Warbling Vireo
showed itself too. Nice.

Thanks everyone.
Laura Paulson
Yaquina Head for the summer, then back to Texas