[obol] Re: Nesting catbirds at HMSC (ABA, etc.)

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:18:56 -0700

I'm not sure posting a link to the ABA Code of Ethics is going to anything more
than make some of us nod our head in agreement like this is a town meeting.
The bad apples among us birders and photographers are not going to change their
behavior on a "scolding" email.  They probably won't even read it.  Many of
them probably don't regularly monitor OBOL if at all.
The ethical birders and photographers are already doing what they should be
doing in terms of respecting boundaries and nesting behavior.  And many of them
probably don't regularly monitor OBOL if at all.
The real benefit is to the birding community and not the birds anyway.  Not
harassing the birds keeps them in one spot (until they disperse for the season)
that allows us to view them.
In the interest of keeping this succinct, I'll sign off.
Russ NamitzMedford, OR