[obol] N Shrike w vole; Powell Butte, Multnomah County (Mike Bogar)

  • From: tendon-87282@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: OBOL-submit <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 19:02:28 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

I watched a Northern Shrike spend 12 minutes trying to cache a vole or mouse in
the branches of a small tree. It finally found a spot that worked and flew off.
Most of that time, a male Anna's Hummingbird pestered the Shrike. I think this
was along the Orchard Trail, at a corner where the wide trail turns from
eastbound to northbound (going ccw). Six BT deer and 2 Western Bluebirds were
in the same field, south of the trail.

I was looking for the shrike. Christopher H reported one 5 days ago.

Mike Bogar
This is a repeat post, using plain text. My first post appeared a bit garbled
on the aba site.