[obol] My Astoria Yard as of Late

  • From: Andrew Mattingly <amattingly82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:23:06 -0700

I've got my own mini "gap" in my yard- we're nestled into a small forest of
various trees. Over the weekend and the last couple days I've spent some
time seeing what's stopping over.

Between Saturday and today:

3-4 Orange-crowned Warblers (I usually have just 1 that overwinters)
1 Townsend's Warbler (late for my yard)
1 or 2 Black-throated Gray Warbler
2 Wilson's Warbler
1 Yellow-rumped Warbler (lifer for my yard list)

I had a FOS Warbling Vireo on an otherwise quite morning at Coxcomb on
Saturday.

With the Yellow Rumped,  my yard's now hosted 7 warbler species, included a
Nashville Warbler and the Hooded Warbler a little over a year ago.

I've been trying to get as much birding in the yard done as possible, as
we'll be moving to a  new home in Astoria in July. Will definitely miss the
birdiness of the house.

Andrew Mattingly
Astoria/Ilwaco