[obol] Morning capped by FOS ruficapilla

  • From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:39:56 -0700

There was a FOS (for me) Nashville warbler in Mt Tabor (Ptown) this a.m.
Also as Dave I. suggested a/the Evening Grosbeak(s) was in the park,
another FOS. The PDX phenology has Nashville avg. arrival date as 4/20 with
earliest arrival on 4/14 over a span of 22 years, so this dude is clearly
on the early end.

I heard through the met-birder's grapevine that at least a few folks had
one or more Cassin's vireo(s) but not me.

Other stuff:  bunch of Audubon's (~30),  6 Townsend's warb., 1 BT Gray, a
flyover Bald Eagle.

good birding,
Tom