[obol] Re: More on Coos Bay Merlin 7/26/2014

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:10:43 -0700

Wayne,

I had a quick look and really am not sure on sex at all.  Unfortunately it
zoomed through chasing every other bird and zipped off to the north.  I was
pretty certain it was a Merlin but have no idea on male/female or age- thus
continuing the who knows what this bird may have been doing here thing. I
just wanted to let folks know that I knew immediately that this was a
sighting that was unusual for this time of year.

Catbirds nesting in Newport?!

Tim R
Coos Bay