[obol] Monmouth Sewage Ponds and Baskett Slough area

  • From: Brandon Wagner <bmwboarder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Midvalley Birding <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oregon birding online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:49:35 -0700

Hey friends,

At Monmouth Sewage Ponds this morning:
-2 Wilson's Phalaropes (only saw one yesterday)
-1 Horned Grebe
-1 Green Heron (foy for me)

There were peeps in just about every muddy spot I stopped near Baskett
Slough.  The Coville Rd Conservations Wetland had quite a lot of
shorebirds: Dunlin, Long-billed Dowitchers, Greater-Yellowlegs, Snipes and
lots of peeps.  As it was raining, I didn't examine them too closely..  The
ones I saw at the Narrows in Baskett Slough were all Least Sandpipers from
what I could tell.  Farmer Rd also has a good muddy field that was full of
shorebirds too.

No Solitary Sandpipers around here yet.

Cheers!
Brandon Wagner