[obol] Re: Mallard at Crystal Spring

  • From: Bob Archer <rabican1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:03:08 -0700

Trivia for a Monday night:

I looked it up, the oldest banded Mallard living in the wild lasted 27
years 7 months until it was shot in Arkansas..

My  favorite record is a Leach's Storm Petrel that was 26 years old when it
was re-caught and released alive,* * now that is one tough ol' salt.

A 33 year old Western Gull  does not surprise me...

http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbl/longevity/Longevity_main.cfm

Bob Archer