[obol] Re: Loss of Catbird habitat

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whoffman@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 09:48:01 -0700

I suggest the local Audubon Society get involved.  Not only have they done what
Wayne has described, but they also have planted alders, pines, and spruce.  As
those trees grow the area will match the vast expanse of habitat up and down
the coast, and they days of interesting birds that like more open and brushy
habitats will end there.   Giant lupine, wax myrtle, coyote brush, and
evergreen huckleberry (all natives)  in a fairly open scheme have made that
area so interesting for birds.

Somehow many people think planting  trees is always a good thing.

Jeff Gilligan