[obol] Looking for migrants along dike at Steigerwald Lake NWR

  • From: Bob <rflores_2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tweeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:45:04 -0800

Started out early this morning to a stiff cold wind coming down the gorge.  I
walked from Capt William Clark Park to the wetlands and found no unusual
sparrows, bluebirds or Say's phoebe known to show about now.  Later in the
afternoon i drove the tour route on River S, Ridgefield NWR. I did find a good
group of shorebirds using the Big Water unit south of rest lake where the water
is receding.  I had 68 lb dowitchers, and two county yr birds 1 gr yellowlegs
(#130) and 6 dunlin (#131).  The light was poor in the afternoon for this
location.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

Sent from my iPad