[obol] Little Gull- yes! The Agency Lake gull farrago...

  • From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 23:27:57 -0700

OBOL,

Man, am I gratified that The special subject of my attention and desires
was there today--road time was (happily) appended to this day--- which
finds me now having pecking fun! with this note on a dreaded device in
Arcata.
As  happens to everyone of us, timing factors in ........sometimes it
breaks your way and at other times......and so it was with me, today, I
arrived right around 12:30 and spent only 10 minutes or so glassing before
a call of nature Even Stronger than birding had me hieing off to the small
structure at the Wood River unit up the road.  Don't have a "while
micturating or...." list ....and will forever keep it that way.

Returning about 15 minutes later (1:00), I walked down to the  ramp and
had immediate naked-eye view of the Little Gull straight out from it.  Take
it on the whole there were not many gulls there, so I felt kind of
fortunate that the Little was closely associating with a Bonie and a juv
Sabine's.  There was a Franklin's sitting on that sand bar during that
first 10 minutes along w/ some Ringbilleds. Tons of other birds.

I got some distant photos & vid of LIGU but posting to Flickr is days
away..,.

good birding,
Tom