[obol] Re: Lincoln Co birding 4/19 [& eBird]

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Range Bayer <range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:04:43 -0700

On 4/30/2014 11:26 AM, Range Bayer wrote:
  To my knowledge, there have been no nesting records of Semi's in
Lincoln County; like Dave Lauten has pointed out, there have been
nesting records in Coos County (also see p. 206 of Birds of Oregon: a
General Reference)..

Another little tidbit about breeding Coos Cty Semi P's - me and Kathy banded one of them, at the nest! We saw it for a couple of years before it disappeared.

They have a flight display.   Snowy Plover does not.

Cheers
Dave Lauten