[obol] Late fledging Cowbird, Pixieland 8-3-2013

  • From: "dawn v" <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,lcbno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 20:52:04 -0400

Today at Pixieland we enjoyed gorgeous weather and some nice birds. Lots of
youngsters -- CEDAR WAXWINGS were feeding young. We spotted two juv COMMON
YELLOWTHROAT and two juv NORTHERN FLICKERS (adults nearby but not sure if still
feeding them). I was surprised to see an adult WILSON'S WARBLER - haven't seen
any for several weeks seems like. But the biggest surprise was the juv
BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD begging and being fed by a WARBLING VIREO. It just seems
really late?

Other species seen included a WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE and a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER.

dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott
Blogging About the Coast
dvillabirds.blogspot.com
Sometimes things come when you stop looking