[obol] Lane County Sightings

  • From: "Allen Prigge" <prigge1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:53:40 -0700

-- Checked the Barn Pond in Fern Ridge WMA this am and struck out on PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER, AMERICAN AVOCET and STILT SANDPIPER.

Among the usuals were:

WESTERN SANDPIPER
LEAST SANDPIPER
SPOTTED SANDPIPER
KILLDEER adult with four juveniles
YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT

I dabble some in butterflies and the COMMON BUCKEYE seen adjacent to the old Pope & Talbot mill pond off Fish Hatchery Rd., east edge of Oakridge may be of interest to the leppers out there. I believe that species is hard to come by in this area. It was seen on Wednesday. Also that day there were a lot of GREAT ARCTICS in the Blair Lake area north and east of Oakridge.

Al Prigge