[obol] Re: Joseph Little Bunting - Tuesday or Wednesday?

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, EOR list <birding-neoregon-group@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 16:11:26 -0700 (PDT)

Paul etal.

I will not be chasing the bunting but I think that since it has been around
since Januuary it might not have picked Tuesday or Wednesday to leave.  It
sounds like a tough bird to see and was missed by many after it's 31 January
sighting until the amazing Hinklesrefound it (and in my book was one of the
most stupendous finds in Oregon of all time thank you Mr. Contreras) .  So,
even if it wasn't seen on Tuesday or Wednesday, doesn't mean it's not around.
It sounds like one of those birds that one might need to spend several days
looking for, especially if there aren't other people helping in the area.  It's
a beautiful area anyhow, I wouldn't be in a hurry to leave if I went over there!

I wonder how the neighborhood is doing with all the bird chasing commotion?

Merry springtime!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Date: Tue Mar 26 2013 23:56 pm
From: Kevin.Black AT wallawalla.edu

Hey Folks,

Does anyone know if the Little Bunting was seen today or if anyone looked for
it? Thanks

Kevin Black
kevin.black@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Richland, WA