[obol] Re: Jackson Co Baird's Sandpiper

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx" <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "tc@xxxxxxxxxx" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>, "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 04:25:22 -0700 (PDT)

The Coos Baird's that Dave and Kathy found were the earliest on record for
spring by 19 days!  Definitely not a species seen most years in the spring.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay
On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:40 PM, Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tom~

Yes, of course.  I can believe I omitted those, especially since I had a
conversation about them with both Chuck & Judy.

The bird here was in similar plumage, not fully molted into its crisp breeding
plumage.

Cheers,
Russ Namitz
Medford

From: tc@xxxxxxxxxx
To: namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx; obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [obol] Jackson Co Baird's Sandpiper
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 23:08:12 -0800

Russ, there were also two Baird’s at the Prineville Sewage Ponds at the end of
March.  Its’ stacking up to be quite the year for Baird’s.

Tom Crabtree
Bend