[obol] Re: Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve Rough-legged Hawk

  • From: Steve Engel <Steve.Engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 07:30:01 -0700

On Saturday I reported a possible Rough-legged Hawk at the Bottom.  One was
definitely seen on Sunday, a light morph bird, immature I believe.  Calm and
sunshine characterized the afternoon in contrast to the day before and an adult
peregrine remained pleasantly perched on a raptor pole for the entire 2.5 hours
I was there.

Steve Engel, Nature Program Supervisor
NEW FALL PROGRAMS!:  http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=1370

Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve | Parks and Recreation Department
2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy., Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone:  503-681-6283 |fax 503-681-6277
email:  steve.engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx