[obol] Honeyman Road loop

  • From: Bobbett Pierce <ensatina3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:53:59 -0500

Drove the Dike Road--Honeyman Road loop in the Scappoose lowlands a short time
ago: 91 GREAT EGRETS, more than usual, were on the fields in several groups. A
flock of 32 WHITE-FRONTED GEESE were grazing not far from the sharp corner
known for birds of prey sightings. A ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK obliged by sitting on a
fence post fairly close to the corner pullout. I heard but didn't see SANDHILL
CRANES flying. Lots of ducks on the flooded fields and cacklers in the air, as
well.  I forgot to stop at the big Santosh gravel pit lake to see if any tundra
swans were there. There haven't been nearly as many on Scappoose Bay this year,
which made their presence known by calling all night long.
Lona Pierce