[obol] Re: Gull Cheat Sheet

  • From: Steve Engel <Steve.Engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:17:58 -0700

When I worked at Portland Audubon Society there were several useful cheat
sheets living in the files.  One written by Harry Nehls, whose regular program
offerings includes one on gulls.  One put together by Doug Robinson and Ray
Michimoto, which might be the one in question.

By contacting the current adult education program manager one might be able to
get a copy of them, or attending the next gull lecture by Harry.  John
Rakestraw also taught a gulls in winter ID class every year that was popular
and it may be coming up again in early 2015.

Winter is a great time to focus on gulls. Meanwhile, out here at Jackson Bottom
Wetlands Preserve, it is the arrival of thousands of geese and the well-timed
return of a bald eagle pair (presumably our local nesters) that has got the
skies darkened from time to time, not, thankfully, gulls.
Steve E.

Steve Engel, Nature Program Supervisor
NEW FALL PROGRAMS!:  http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=1370

Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve | Parks and Recreation Department
2600 SW Hillsboro Hwy., Hillsboro, OR 97123
Phone:  503-681-6283 |fax 503-681-6277
email:  steve.engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx