[obol] Green Heron(s) At Commonwealth Lake Park in Beaverton

  • From: Matthew Olson <gentlesenator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:06:32 -0800

Hi!

I spent about an hour late yesterday afternoon at Commonwealth Lake Park in
Beaverton. For those who don't know, it's just off Highway 26 and 217,
between Cedar Hills Boulevard and Walker Road.

I've been dropping in for a couple months now, hoping to get some close-ups
of a green heron. I've counted 3 at once hanging around the shore of the
lake, but they are very shy. Even though they're at such a busy park. I
watched two fly back and forth from edge to edge, barking at everything. As
I got up to walk to my car, they both flew to my side of the lake and stood
on the rocks about 6' from the path. One was in the shadows while the other
stalked the water's edge in the sunset. I spent about 15 minutes shooting
the latter.

Below is a link to the photos I liked the most:

http://flic.kr/ps/2xaQGd

--

-Matt
http://about.me/matthewolson