[obol] Re: Great Egret Rookery-Lane County

  • From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 01:41:57 -0400

About 8 Great Egrets have been present at Jackson Bottom in Hillsboro
(Washington Co) for the last few weeks. Makes you wonder ... As much as I know
there are no breeding records from Washington Co either.
Stefan SchlickHillsboro, OR

Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 22:34:12 -0700
Subject: [obol] Re: Great Egret Rookery-Lane County
From: matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx
To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great to hear about the rookery found in coastal Lane County!

There have been multiple June sightings this year of up to 6 Great Egrets near
Bolon Island in coastal Douglas County (near where DC Cormorants are nesting),
so I have suspected nesting in the vicinity, but have not been able to take the
time to look for a rookery. If anyone has time to look, let us know what you
find!

Matt Hunter
Melrose, OR