[obol] Golden Eagles on the Willamette National Forest -- near Oakridge

  • From: Cheron Ferland <cheron.ferland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 19:02:17 +0000 (GMT)

I was recently surprised to capture three immature golden eagles on one of my
game cameras. They have been feeding on an elk carcass that was killed by a
cougar about 15 miles northwest of Diamond Peak/15 miles south of Oakridge.
They were reported to me as immature bald eagles which I thought was a little
strange given the location. I have literally thousands of photos and video
clips of these birds and could share a few highlights if anyone is interested.
~ Cheron Ferland (Oakridge, OR)