[obol] Fwd: Mt Tabor birdsong walk

  • From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 15:08:52 -0700

This report was mailed for Tom McNamara by http://birdnotes.net
Date: April 9, 2014
Location: Mt. Tabor Park, Multnomah County, Oregon

Low temperature: 45 degrees fahrenheit High temperature: 51 degrees
fahrenheit
Wind direction: Variable
Prevailing wind speed: < 1 km/h gusting to: < 1 km/h
Percentage of sky covered by clouds: 10%
Precipitation: none

OBOL,
We did our 2nd very well-attended birdsong walk of the spring this
morning and had a FOS Black-throated Gray as well as a couple singing
Townsend's, Audubon's and a few non-singing Orange-crowns.
  It was a somewhat truncated walk--didn't make it through the whole
circuit--owing to the birds pinning us down at certain spot  ;-)and
then, ugh......work . Certain gimme species aren't on the list
because we never made it to their very localized addresses.
cheers,  Tom

Birds seen (in taxonomic order):

Band-tailed Pigeon [1]
Anna's Hummingbird [2]