[obol] Fw: [nwcalbird] Fw: [CALBIRDS] MARSH SANDPIPER IN SOLANO COUNTY

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 04:17:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thought I would forward this.

Tim R
Coos Bay

From: John Sterling
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 9:09 PM
To: Countybirders ; mailto:CALBIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
mailto:central_valley_birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; UCD Birders ;
mailto:sacramento_birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CALBIRDS] MARSH SANDPIPER IN SOLANO
COUNTY

Yes, there was a Marsh Sandpiper this evening found by Roger Muskat in Solano
County on S. Liberty Island Road, a few miles south of intersection with Swan
Road.  It was in a canal with a lot of mudflat where Liberty Island Road
makes a 90 degree turn to the east.  Park at that turn where there is some
parking available.  It was found around 6 pm, and I arrived about 45
minutes later and photographed the bird. It flew off and disappeared, then
returned ~15 minutes later.  So it seems to like this particular location,
along with numerous Greater Yellowlegs.  This is an extraordinary record
for California!

Take Hwy 113 between Hwy 12 to the south and Hwy 80 to the north.
Take Binghamton Road east from Hwy 113, this road eventually becomes Swan
Road.  Take Swan Road to the end where it intersects with S. Liberty Island
Road.  Turn right (south).

good luck!

My photos will be posted on my Recent Photos gallery in a few
minutes.

John
Sterling
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV