[obol] Forest Birds - Nest Building Male Pacific Wren

  • From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Oregon Birders Online <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 21:29:45 -0700

A walk through Cook's Butte today in search of possible nesting Cooper's
Hawk lead me to an extraordinary encounter with a male Pacific Wren singing
on territory and nest building. They make the coolest nests! Thankfully,
the coop eventually showed up briefly as a flyby while I was driving home -
one picture. On a loosely related forest-bird-tangent - I tacked a few
images on to the end this post of possible small-owl nesting cavities that
I've come across recently and then staked out for several days during the
crepuscular period with no joy. Your thoughts on the images of the possible
nesting cavities will be much appreciated.

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2014/4/forest-birds

--
Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon