[obol] Five More Pelagic Opportunities

  • From: HARVEY W SCHUBOTHE <ninerharv2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:09:28 -0700

Hi all,

We have had several folks that have called or written saying they cannot make
the OBA special pelagic trip on Friday. Hard to believe a broken leg can get in
the way of an opportunity like this. In any case, OBA now needs five more
people to break even on this adventure, Tim Rodenkirk says it best:

 "I was flabbergasted reading the amazing bird sightings that have been
happening offshore recently (see Jeff Harding's posting).  I talked to Harv
Schubothe and we have several spots still open on Fiday's pelagic.  I can't
remember the last time we had a long (greater than 5 hr.), deep water  pelagic
off Coos this time of year, but I am glad we will be doing so during such an
incredible year offshore. The trip is 91/2 hrs.  We will leave at 0630 and be
back by 4PM, giving folks enough time to easily make it down for the evening
OBA meeting in Bandon.  I am very excited about the trip, it has been an
awesome year offshore (as if the Elegant Terns everywhere wasn't an indication)
and who knows what could show up Friday. We are closer to CA and deep water is
closer to shore than in Newport, so we'll see what shows up?  I hope we have a
full boat! Hope to see many of you on the boat and/or at the OBA meeting,"
Tim RodenkirkCoos Bay If interested, you can respond to
hschubothe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 541-297-2342. Harv SchubotheBandon