[obol] First-of-Year Birds

  • From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 18:50:44 -0700

It was a good day for First-of-Year birds here in Eugene:

FOY:
Chipping Sparrow - front of Marist High School, before taking the ACT
Black-throated Gray Warbler - East Bank Bike Path of the Willamette River
Barn Swallow - above Beltline while biking
Common Yellowthroat - Meadowlark Prairie, FRR
Vaux's Swift - A pair soaring and calling above Royal Ave. near Meadowlark
Prairie
American White Pelican - at Fern Ridge with Adrian Hinkle, Hendrik Herlyn
and Oscar Harper (also met John Sullivan, Luke Ferrenburg, and Kelsey
O'Sullivan out there today)
Greater White-fronted Goose
Least Sandpiper
Black-bellied Plover - last three all from Fern Ridge

Also, our winter resident male Townsend's Warbler is still visiting the
suet feeder daily, and a White-throated Sparrow continues at our feeders. I
guess someone forgot to tell them winter's over!

Good birding,
Thomas Meinzen
Eugene