[obol] FOY C. Yellowthroat,?Horned grebe transitional plumage,pair osprey Parkrose, (off topic probable otter, sea lion)

  • From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:19:05 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting late morning walk at Columbia slough trail loop (starting at NE
158th near Airport Way), saw in slough across from pond an otter (no,  was not
a nutria), then my FOY singing C. Yellowthroat, and in river large rafts of
scaup.  also saw what appeared to be a sea lion in river, it was big, surfacing
few times, and heading west (not towards Bonneville). also just offshore near
158th was a grebe, in transitional plumage, not sure if Horned or what, took
some pics, some red on face, and will study. could send a few for opinions if
anyone interested, just contact my email.
and in osprey news, there are now a pair at the Parkrose High School nest.

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegys AT yahoo.com
NE Portland