[obol] Re: Empidonax Flycatcher in SW Portland

  • From: Hendrik Herlyn <hhactitis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: larmcqueen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:54:22 -0700

I agree with Larry. Other characteristics that point toward Hammond's are
the rather big-headed appearance and the pronounced contrast between the
mostly gray head and an olive-green back - especially obvious in the fresh
fall plumage of this species.

Nice find, and nice photos!

Hendrik

--
Hendrik G. Herlyn

*"Nature is not a place to visit. It is home."     -- Gary Snyder*