[obol] Dead bird on 217

  • From: Steve Valasek <botheringbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 16:04:45 -0700

Coming north on 217, just after getting off of I-5 in Tigard, I saw a large
bird dead on the right shoulder of the road. I couldn't stop because I had
to get my kid from school, but traffic was slow enough for me to get a look
at a streaked breast and maybe a white bar on the tail. It may have been a
northern harrier, but it could have been a Canada Goose too. I didn't see
the head or legs at all. If anyone is passing through the area, it may be
worth taking a look. Maybe there's bands on it.

Also, the Yellow-throated Warbler was a no show today, but lots of activity
down that way.