[obol] Curry Coast Oct 10-12 Interesting Vireo Sp.

  • From: James Billstine <billstinj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 16:05:23 -0700

I spent a nice weekend in fantastic weather on the Curry Coast. Highlights
were:

1 palm warbler and FOUR White-Throated Sparrows at Floras Lake on Friday

Lincoln, Savannah, Fox Sparrows at Cape Arago Holt House.
(Also the weird whitish black phoebe)

1 Western Screech Owl and 1 Barred Owl calling in the Humbug Campground
Friday Night

1 warbling vireo and 1 vireo sp. at Pistol River Saturday Morning:
Noticeable smaller than the warbling vireo it was feeding next to. dingier
grey back color than warbling, very pale undertail coverts, much smaller
bill. Before I could get a picture it chased the warbling vireo up and out
of camera range.

Sunday Morning AZ Beach: A snaggle of Townsend's warblers, a black-throated
grey, OC warbler, bushtits, hairy and downy and pileated woodpecker,
red-breasted sapsucker, bushtits, chestnut-backed and black-capped
chickadees, and  yellow-rumped warblers!

PS: If you walk into AZ Beach before 8am, even if it is 7:58 am, you are
trespassing, and the rangers will give you a fine!