[obol] Crater Lake Large group of Gray-crowned

  • From: Chris Bennett <tayben7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL1 <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 22:21:28 -0700

Went to Crater Lake last weekend.  It was fairly quite bird wise except we
had a large group of Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches land in front of us.  I est.
about 60 to 80 birds in the group, they didn't stay on the ground for very
long as they worked there way around the edge of the rim of the caldera in
a moving wave of landing and taking off.  This was a life bird for me, I've
trying to see this species for over 50 years it was a thrill to see finally.
Chris