[obol] Coos PRAIRIE FALCON

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:34:47 -0700

The past week with clear weather and strong northwest winds produced good northward bird movements. We've seen numerous AMERICAN PIPITS working north, many RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRDS migrating along the beach, good numbers of shorebirds particularly yesterday and lots of CACKLING GEESE and DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT flocks heading north. There have been FALCONS headed north all week also - the best individual was a PRAIRIE FALCON we saw heading north at Bandon Beach this morning - a rather rare site along the coast here. Also the last few days there were large numbers of CASPIAN TERNS and GULLS headed north.

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein
Bandon OR