[obol] Clark's Grebe and Common Tern, Broughton Beach, PDX

  • From: Beverly Hallberg <mapsout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:21:16 -0700

I was taking pictures of the Western Grebes at Broughton just on the water
near the sandbar with the gulls this morning around 11:30 am and spotted a
Clark's Grebe - unless you think this is a hybrid.  The photo is bad - the
bill is definitely more yellow compared to the dusky green bills on the
others.  Plus there is the white patch above the eye.  But I'm not seeing
any lighter flanks.  One Common Tern continues to fly back and forth near
the gulls.
Photos on flickr:
https://flic.kr/p/paVtkK
https://flic.kr/p/psnJqm