[obol] Calliope times!

  • From: John Thomas <johnpam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 17:01:09 -0700

Two male Calliopes at kitchen window feeders, at 4:45 pm. I thought I saw a
third male but third hummer was chased off rapidly.  These feeders have been
popular spot the last couple of days.  Yesterday's count just before 8 pm set a
record for us, 4 male Rufous Hummers eating at same time (3 on bottom feeder,
one on feeder above).  Also saw male Anna's on lower feeder, 3 female/immature
Anna's feeding at same time, and 3 female/immature Rufous feeding at bottom
feeder at the same time. All showed in about a ten minute interval.

In other bird news, Harris's Sparrow is still here.  We saw it this afternoon
and just now.  Happy Spring!

Pam Reid & John Thomas
4 miles N. of Silverton Oregon