[obol] Brown Pelicans on Bayocean Peninsula - 10/19/14

  • From: Lillian <lillian.e@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:01:20 -0700

Hello Birders!

About 4pm this afternoon (10/19/14) we spotted  between 200 - 300 Brown
Pelicans (both mature & juvenile) resting on the east bank at the north end of
Bayocean Peninsula. They were viewable while driving on 101 just north of
Garibaldi. The best place to see them was from the View Point turnout (next to
the Pirate's Cove Restaurant) just north of mile Marker 55. The pelicans were a
little north of the pullout and across the water. There were also at least 4
mature pelicans that could be seen flying and in the water at Garibaldi Marina.
- There are a couple of terrible photos (just good enough to prove we actually
did see the birds) posted here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/11594253@N02/sets/72157648810779146

Good Birding…
Lillian