[obol] Re: Boiler Bay sea watch

  • From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: llsdirons@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 11:35:32 -0700

Not far  away in Depoe Bay:

Owen got a photo of what appears on his camera screen to be a Short-tailed
Shearwater.   Pretty good photo of the underwing.

After starting to scope out further than earlier we have seen large numbers of
fulmars.

Two days ago there were numbers of  Red-necked Phalaropes, but today very few.
We have mostly seen Reds.

Also Black-legged Kittiwakes.  Heerrman's Gulls moving south in large numbers,
small numbers of Bonaparte's Gull going by.

No terns today.