[obol] Black-crowned Night-Heron near Creswell

  • From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 22:00:09 -0700

Today I birded Hamm Road at Territorial Road east to Camas Swale Road to
Creswell.  At one of the stops I made near Camas Swale, a BLACK-CROWNED
NIGHT-HERON flew across the road from the south toward the swale.  It was
about 30 feet away from me horizontally and maybe 15-20 feet vertically.  I
am wondering whether I disturbed a roost.  This might be a good area to
keep an eye on.  As usual, I did not have my camera out.  It disappeared
behind the trees on the south side of the road pretty quickly, anyway.

Barbara Combs   obie '70
Lane County, OR